SKI RACING - Win big this year
Mercury to offer prize money in top events for SMOC ski racing teams
Mercury said Australia’s upcoming ski racing season will be more competitive than ever, with the company putting up more than $10,000 in prize money.
In the biggest events of the season, SMOC (Standard Motor Open Cockpit) crews using Mercury engines can collect prize-money if they score a podium finish.
First place is worth an additional $750, a second place gets $350 while a third scores $200.
"As everyone knows, Mercury is a huge supporter of ski racing in Australia, and this new prize money adds to our already extensive sponsorship and other commitments," said Mercury’s Guy Williamson.
"SMOC is the most competitive class in the competition at the moment, with more than 50 registered teams, so we thought we’d really get behind it and spice things up even further," said Williamson.
Mercury’s special bonus prizes apply to the following eight events:
* Grafton Bridge To Bridge
* Murray Bridge Water Ski Classic
* Barry Beehag Ski Race
* Sydney Bridge To Bridge
* Southern 80 Ski Race
* Robinvale Euston Water Ski Classic
* Mildura 100 Water Ski Classic
* Sydney 1 Up Bridge To Bridge Ski Race
SMOC crews wishing to be eligible for the bonus prize money must complete a registration form, which can be found at www.mercurymarine.com.au.
Crews competing at the Grafton Bridge to Bridge can fill in and submit their registration forms at the race.
In addition, the following conditions apply:
* The engine powering the boat must have been purchased after January 1, 2007 from a registered Mercury dealer in Australia or New Zealand.
* The current Mercury logo (minimum length of 36in) must be prominently displayed on either the port and starboard sides of the boat, or on the port and starboard sides of the deck.
* A post-race team photo with Mercury hats on in front the boat with the Mercury decal visible must be submitted within three days of the event.
Visit www.mercurymarine.com.au for more information.
Want the latest stories delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up for the free TradeBoats e-newsletter.